Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ponies in Peru





Ahhh, summer is back! Finally! After more than a month of rain here in New England, we finally have a summer weather! I missed quite a few lessons this spring, with the rain and also with getting married and going on vacation - which was fabulous! My husband and I went to Peru and hiked the Inka Trail.

Along the way, we saw quite a few little horses, which belonged to the people who live along the first part of the trail. I loved seeing all the various things that were strapped to their backs, forming saddles out of what they had, or going without. These little horses seemed of good temper and living at 10,000 feet and above, they were certainly hardy.


My favorite pony was one I saw on the end of the first day - and the last pony we saw on the trail, grazing in front of a small hut high up the mountain. Oh, how sweet to have a simple little hut and a pony. What more could a girl want?

No comments: